Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report July 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Benzene prices spike throughout the world, causing a serious margin squeeze in PA. Current futures prices indicate that BZ may move higher again in August.
- DSM to build high viscosity PA6 polymer plant in North America. Size, cost and location to be confirmed.
- Domo buys CFP Flexible Packaging in Italy, Europe’s largest BOPA producer.
- Asian nylon filament markets are now experiencing some seasonal slowdown, with business often being transacted below the quoted price range.
- In the Americas, demand for textile filament is distinctly weaker, with order patterns more short-term, and in heavy denier industrial filament the market remains quite slow.
- In Europe most textile markets are easing back coming up to the holiday season, but there are signs of further improvement in the nylon high tenacity sector.