Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report October 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices fall for the 4th consecutive month, dropping -17% since June 2014.
- Lower crude prices are putting downward pressure on petrochemical feedstocks, particularly aromatics. Benzene fell throughout the world in October and further declines are expected in November.
- Caprolactam markets are in turmoil as falling raw material prices, weakening demand and growing supply encourage buyers to adopt a wait-and-see approach.
- In Asia nylon textile filament volumes are seasonally firmer, but domestic prices in China are beginning to weaken, although not to the same extent as industrial filament prices. Fibre producer margins in textile filament have widened a little.
- In the USA, the textile filament market has seen a small volume improvement, and high tenacity yarns have benefited from increased orders by the military. The BCF market is quite subdued, for nylon as well as polyester. There is an increasing threat that polyester will make more significant in-roads into airbags.
- In Europe the textile filament business is enjoying something of a lift, at least in terms of market sentiment, with new product development the main driver. Volumes are steady for industrial filament and there has been some increase in nylon BCF.