Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report April 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Ammonia prices spike throughout the world as increasing seasonal demand collides with constrained supply.
- Caprolactam prices fall heavily in Asia in March / April, but spot markets are now showing some signs of a rebound.
- CPDC gets approval from Taiwanese government for its mega-project in mainland China.
- Asian markets are back to regular working after the holiday, experiencing some strengthening of NTF demand, but utilisation rates are low and pricing generally weak. Industrial filament prices are weaker, influenced by the raw materials position and continuing slowness in the tyre sector.
- In the Americas, the nylon textile filament market is working at quite high rates but with very short order-books. US domestic supply of industrial filament is holding steady, but there has been a reduction in yarn imports. The US carpet sector has started the year at a disappointingly low level of BCF production.
- The European textile filament market is also experiencing short order-books but demand is at acceptable levels. There are some indications of recovery in industrial filament volumes, while the carpet sector has seen improvement in contract demand which should favour nylon.