Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report June 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Oil prices spike in response to developments in Iraq.
- Benzene prices fall in USA and Europe, bringing some welcomemargin relief to PA producers, but are expected to rebound to some extent in July.
- BASF & Yara outline details of new hydrogen-based ammonia JV in Freeport, Texas.
- Nylon filament volumes in Asia are generally reduced, with textile filament yarn prices holding steady, and industrial filament moving up in line with firmer feedstock costs.
- In the Americas, the demand for textile filament is a little easier, and only the airbag sector is showing any strength in the nylon industrial filament business. There is a growing sense that the nylon BCF market is going to remain disappointing for the nearterm.
- The nylon textile filament market in Europe is being managed increasingly on a short-term basis, even if volumes are being sustained. BCF yarn prices are unchanged, but steeply-rising dyestuff costs could affect solution-dyed products.