Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report February 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices rebounded in February, increasing +18% between the end of January and the time of going to press.
- Most petrochemical prices have still to respond to the crude oil rebound, causing significant margin squeeze at the feedstock level.
- Prices in the PA6 chain continue to fall faster than those in PA66, creating significant competitive disadvantages for PA66 buyers.
- Nylon textile filament volumes in Asia have fallen ahead of the New Year holiday, and both textile and industrial filament prices have continued to weaken, with yarn inventories up. Everything now depends on a strong exit from the holiday and an active market into Q2.
- In the USA, textile filament demand has improved a little, and there are signs that the development of polyester airbags might have slowed down because of recent problems with inflators.
- The textile filament market in Europe remains quite hesitant, with short order-books but reasonable levels of utilisation. In spite of a price reduction for Q1 the mood in the industrial filament sector is more positive, with a more competitive euro providing some defence against imports. BCF prices have also been moving down, but the market is maintaining volume.