Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report February 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Escalating benzene prices continue to exert margin pressure on polyamide, but prices are expected to weaken in March.
- Supply of PA6 raw materials to China reaches 218ktes in Janury 2014, and market looks increasingly over-supplied.
- Invista reconsiders ammonia / hydrogen investment in Victoria; Grupa Azoty contemplates PA6 polymer expansion in Poland.
- Asian markets are only just restarting after the Lunar New Year, but there are already signs of downward price pressure in textile filament.
- In the Americas the textile filament sector is steady-to-firm, some heavy denier industrial filament applications are weaker, and the carpets market is a little more hesitant as signals for the US economy turn for the moment from green to amber.
- In Europe there are some signs that textile filament capacity growth may have run a little ahead of demand, in heavy denier industrial filament the import attack through low pricing has intensified, while in BCF there remains a distinct shortage of demand.