Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report April 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices advance +10% during April, guaranteeing further upward raw material price pressure in PA.
- Benzene prices spike across the world as sellers rebuild lost margins. Further >$100/mt increases expected in May.
- Invista declares Force Majeure on ADN, HMD and PA66 polymer from the USA.
- PA textile strengthens in Asia, with operating rates increasing to 70-80% and prices increasing. However, costs are climbing more quickly, putting producers in a margin squeeze.
- In spite of apparent improvement in Asian PA textile, concerns remain that the increased output is simply going into inventory further down the chain.
- For the first time in history, China became a net exporter of PA filament during Q1 2015.
- In Q1 2015 domestic shipments of PA BCF in the USA grew at +10% versus an overall market growth of +7.7%.
- 80ktes/yr of new spandex capacity added in China.