Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report May 2013 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Caprolactam contract negotiations in Asia stall as buyers switch to spot bargains.
- DSM licenses HPO+ caprolactam technology in China to Fujian Shenyuan New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Rennovia claims success in synthesising HMD from renewable feedstock, opening door to 100% sustainable PA66 polymer.
- Nylon textile filament prices in Asia show some variation in direction this month, with some flat yarn prices increasing, some decreasing and some holding steady; while textured yarn prices are either unchanged or weaker. Overall volumes are a little firmer, with stock levels lower. In nylon industrial filament yarn prices are largely unchanged, but tyrecord prices have weakened.
- In the USA, in spite of the encouragement drawn from the housing statistics, nylon BCF volumes remain quite flat. Higher auto sales are helping maintain domestic shipments of nylon industrial filament; while the textile filament sector continues to run very strongly.
- The European market for nylon BCF remains poor, althoughthere are segments in the contract market that continue to withstand the general trend. The nylon industrial filament business is still under considerable pressure, if anything the situation deteriorating. The nature of the textile filament market has become more short-term but volumes continue to exceed expectations.