Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report August 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices fall -10% over last 6 weeks but benefits are still to be felt in polyamide feedstock costs.
- Mexico launches an anti-dumping investigation into ammonium sulphate exports from USA & China.
- Tienchen Yaolong successfully starts up new 200ktes/yr CPL plant in Fujian.
- In Asia the nylon textile sector is hoping for some seasonal improvement over the next month, but downstream markets are grim, especially sports and casual wear which are natural outlets for nylon. Prices for textile and industrial applications appear to be quite firm, but actual deals are often at a discount.
- In the Americas, demand for textile filament has come back quite strongly in South America, but in the USA it continues to weaken, with some loss of share to polyester. BCF is also weak, with even polyester experiencing slower conditions. The US industrial filament market remains generally weak.
- In Europe most textile markets are now deep into holiday mode, and across all the main applications there is little clear indication of how quickly markets will pick up after the break. The signs are not too encouraging given that overall economic activity appears to be settling into long-term stagnation.