Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report January 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- The collapse in crude oil price continues to feed through petrochemical prices into global PA chains, with PA66 proving more resilient.
- In 2014, PA6 raw material supply to China does not grow and in Taiwan it shrinks by -7%.
- KuibyshevAzot to add a further 58ktes/yr of PA6 polymer capacity by 2016.
- Nylon textile filament volumes in Asia are levelling out and operating rates in China are falling towards 30% approaching the New Year holiday. Yarn prices have fallen sharply and the market range is at least twice as wide as usual. Industrial filament prices continued moving down in response to the feedstock position and increasingly high inventories throughout the auto supply chain.
- In the USA, nylon BCF volumes completed the year slightly down on 2013, an indication that the US economy has not been recovering quite as robustly as first thought. The cap-ply industrial filament business appears to have picked up, but textile filament nylon is losing further ground to polyester.
- In Europe the textile filament market has come back cautiously after the holidays, with circular knitting a little stronger than other sectors. The biggest influence is oil, not only in terms of raw materials and processing costs, but also the effect its lower price is having (alongside sanctions) on Russian purchasing power.