Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report March 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices weakened in March, but petchem prices continue to rise. It is currently unclear if this is a time lag or disconnect.
- PT Elsoro Multi Pratama claims to be going ahead with new 120ktes/yr caprolactam plant in Indonesia.
- A.Schulman to acquire Citadel for $800 million.
- DSM to dispose of its global caprolactam, acrylonitrile and composite resin businesses via a minority holding in a JV with CVC Capital Partners.
- Nylon textile filament volumes in Asia are slowly beginning to improve after the holiday, but yarn prices remain under considerable pressure, notwithstanding higher feedstock charges. The tyrecord sector is for now coping with the downturn in tyre production, but there are signs of emerging frailty, particularly in PA66.
- In the USA, demand for textile filament has slowed and customers are more and more asking when yarn prices will start to reflect the oil position. Demand in heavy denier industrial filament is quite weak, and the BCF sector is now seen to have been a pointer to the slowing economy.
- In Europe the textile filament market is holding back orders in the expectation of lower prices, but overall volumes are satisfactory. Industrial filament capacity is running at higher rates than expected, and the carpet sector is making gradual progress.