Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
NEWS: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Acquires The PCI Group
Acquisition of PCI will create an industry-leading chemicals business at Verisk’s Wood Mackenzie
JERSEY CITY, N.J., November 20, 2015 — Verisk Analytics, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRSK) today announced the acquisition of The PCI Group (“PCI”), a leading consortium of five specialist companies that offer integrated data and subscriptions research in the chemicals, fibers, films, and plastics sectors. PCI will become part of Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, and will provide valuable services to enhance Wood Mackenzie’s chemicals capabilities. Read further...
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report November 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices weaken again, breaching the $40/bbl mark. Further pressure on petrochemical prices expected in December.
- Chinese domestic CPL production reaches record high as margins hit lowest point since 2009.
- Low water levels in Rhine threaten European adipic acid production.
- Stabilised PX prices are helping to slow polyester fibre price falls, which are now confined to lower-end markets. But high stocks and weakening Asian demand will prevent any margin recovery. The euro decline is helping Europe to stabilise polyester fibre prices. US investment in polyester staple is moving ahead strongly on growing regional demand.
- Despite firm benzene prices, the downstream nylon chain remains weak with softening caprolactam, heavy overcapacity and high stocks. European demand is soft in apparel but better in carpets and industrials; US nylon demand is steady but unexciting.
- Viscose fibre prices have peaked out as downstream customers reject further increases. Acrylic fibre is regaining competitiveness as prices fall and undercut viscose. New acrylic blend options improve volume prospects. Polypropylene is falling in Asia but good demand in the US and Europe is slowing price reductions.