Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report May 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices stabilise in May, but petrochemical prices continue to advance, creating further margin pressure in PA.
- Benzene prices increase for the 3rd consecutive month, but some respite expected in June.
- CPL tightens in Asia, but price ambitions are capped by lacklustre downstream fibres industry.
- List of new CPL plants in China in 2015 shortens further owing to market conditions and changes in government policy.
- Ascend and DSM to form a strategic global alliance in PA66 EP.
- Over-supply keeps Asian PA textile markets subdued.
- Chinese tyre industry continues to struggle as car & truck assembly slow.
- Monosuisse to build new monofilament plant in Mexico.
- Nylstar enters a joint management agreement with knitter Puntiblond.