Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report November 2013 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Benzene contract prices fell in all regions in November, but current spot prices indicate a rebound in December.
- Asian caprolactam prices weaken on the back of lower benzene prices and increasing supply.
- Capro Corp of South Korea stops one caprolactam line indefinitely in response to low prices and weak demand.
- Nylon textile filament prices in China have weakened this month in a more difficult market, especially for circular knitting. PA6 industrial filament prices have also decreased.
- In North America filament prices across the board are unchanged. Demand on the textile side has weakened and for industrial filament it remains very poor, with the exception of the airbag business.
- In Europe textile filament volumes are reasonably firm, but industrial filament demand is also poor outside of airbags. Prices are showing weakness across various sectors.