Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
NEWS: Verisk Analytics, Inc., Acquires The PCI Group
Acquisition of PCI will create an industry-leading chemicals business at Verisk’s Wood Mackenzie
JERSEY CITY, N.J., November 20, 2015 — Verisk Analytics, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRSK) today announced the acquisition of The PCI Group (“PCI”), a leading consortium of five specialist companies that offer integrated data and subscriptions research in the chemicals, fibers, films, and plastics sectors. PCI will become part of Wood Mackenzie, a Verisk Analytics business, and will provide valuable services to enhance Wood Mackenzie’s chemicals capabilities. Read further...
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report January 2016 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices move yet lower. A political solution looks to be the only solution.
- Provisional data indicate PA6 demand grew by +10% in China in 2015.
- Invista confirms that it will close its C12 assets and exit the 3DA business.
- Ascend obtains European REACH registration for its DME products.
- Chinese nylon textile filament prices fell on lower raw material costs, poor utilisation rates, and the pre-holiday slow-down. The threat of company insolvencies remains high. Nylon industrial filament prices eased, with PA66 yarn offers becoming more aggressive in search of a larger role.
- The Americas sees disappointing textile filament markets, with reducing freight rates intensifying import competition. Nylon industrial filament activity is good but nylon carpet yarns are failing to progress against polyester competition.
- European textile filament remain quiet with buyers waiting for further price reductions. Nylon industrial filament retains momentum on good EU auto numbers. Carpet BCF continues its recent strong performance.