Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report August 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Crude oil prices continue to fall during August dragging down most petrochemicals in their wake.
- Benzene prices set to fall by $200-300/mt in September, causing customers throughout the PA industry to exit the market and wait.
- CPL & PA6 prices fall throughout world in response to falling raw material prices and lengthening markets.
- Chinese nylon fibres show low utilisation rates and are engaged in an aggressive search for cash, with bad debts now a chronic sales impediment. Falling raw materials suggest the fibres market has not yet bottomed out and there are no signs of a seasonal demand improvement.
- European markets are very quiet during the major holiday period but textile filament, industrial filament and carpet BCF are anticipating reasonable business continuity to year end.
- The Americas are also impacted by holiday activity. US BCF shows slightly better prospects, industrials are stable, especially in light deniers, and the textile filament business could see some bonuses in Latin America from heavy local devaluations against the US dollar.