Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report December 2014 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Petrochemical and intermediate prices continue to fall throughout the PA industry, driven by lower crude oil prices. Margins improve on the way down, at least on paper.
- Caprolactam contract prices remain mainly unsettled in Asia and Europe, with big declines expected.
- Grupa Azoty entrusts Uhde with their new 80ktes/yr PA6 polymer unit.
- Nylon textile filament volumes in Asia are holding, but with more difficulty as the year comes to a close. Prices have generally weakened in response to the feedstock position. Industrial filament prices have also moved down, but to a greater extent than textile, affected by weaker demand from the tyre sector.
- In the USA, the BCF market (both nylon and polyester) is ending the year much weaker than expected because of a slow recovery in the housing market, and nylon prices have been cut quite substantially.
- In Europe the textile filament market has slowed significantly and prices have edged down. Heavier denier high tenacity prices have declined further in a market that is not optimistic for 2015. The overseas trade in BCF has grown a little this year, but domestic demand remains weak.