Welcome to PCI Nylon
PCI Nylon is a market research consultancy focused on the global nylon and polyamide industry. We offer clients a totally integrated view of the industry, from fundamental raw materials through intermediates, chemicals and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films. Nylon is our focus. It is all we do.
Nylon Intermediates & Fibres Monthly Report June 2015 released
NEWS FEEDSTOCKS & INTERMEDIATES
- Benzene prices fall heavily throughout the world in June, but are expected to rebound to previous levels in July.
- Butadiene prices surge, driven by desperate buyers in Asia, but price spike unlikely to endure.
- China exports more than 600ktes of ammonium sulphate in May.
- Sinopec prepares to restart 130ktes/yr CPL line in Shijiazhuang.
- PetroChina prepares to restart 70ktes/yr of adipic acid at LYPC.
- Asian polyester markets are slowing, with controlled reductions in fibre and yarn prices. Chinese polyester yarn stock levels are high and competition for regional markets is intensifying.
- Nylon filament volumes are stagnant and pricing largely unchanged in all regions, but markets are slowing. Financial challenges for the Chinese industry are mounting with stocks and receivables rising. But US and EU BCF activity remains positive.
- Viscose and acrylic fibre utilisation rates remain high as they take share from cotton. Both are seeing small reductions in raw material cost, with fibre prices following. China could start selling 1 million mt from its strategic cotton stocks in July and markets are nervous. European PP staple remains very tight but should ease within the next month.